dimanche, novembre 07, 2010

Kuih Bakar

IMG_2167

Three different types of cakes in one afternoon? Yes! :D There is only 1 cake which is new recipe, Kuih Bakar. My sister bought the pandan paste for me some time ago, and I have been waiting the right moment to use it.
As for the chocolate brownies, I used the fudgy chewy brownies recipe which I have been using before. It's a winner and this time I make sure that I do not over-bake it. It turned out chewy and fudgy! The best result so far :D
The raisin prune cake is something adapted from the Fruitcake recipe using brown sugar. Actually I planned to make mixed fruitcake again, but they ran out of candied mix fruit. My hubby thought it would be fun to test with prunes instead. I'm up for testing :D

Kuih Bakar
(Adapted from My Kitchen Snippers)

Ingredients :
1 1/4 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
1 cup of pandan juice (6 pandan leaves + 1 cup of water - blended)
2 1/4 cups of coconut milk
4 large eggs
2 tbsp of melted butter
1 tsp of pandan paste
few drops of green food coloring
1 tbsp of sesame seeds (optional)

1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degree F and greased a baking pan.
2) Mix all the above ingredients except sesame seeds until well combined.
3) Pour mixture into baking pan and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and bake until golden brown or skewer comes out clean when tested. It should take an hour.
4) Cool it down before cutting.

Note:
I skipped the pandan juice and the sesame.
Instead I added 1 tsp more of pandan paste.

IMG_1844

IMG_1847

Aucun commentaire: