Another winter comfort food in my house is Blanquette de veau. It's filling, makes you warm till your toes and yummy!
Here it goes, my place without the potatoes:
About 1 kg veal (shoulders/ribs)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
20cl creme liquid (fresh cream) - I use 3% fat Bridelight
1 egg yolk
1 cube beef stock (non-fat)
1/2 kg potatoes
About 400g canned carrots
- Cook the veal with water enough to cover the meat
- Steam the potatoes
(I cooked both in the pressure cooker - veal in the pot and potatoes on the top steam basket)
- In a casserole, put in butter, and add flour to the melted butter (roux blanc)
- Then add a bit of water from cooking the veal. Add bit by bit until you get a sauce.
- Add in beef stock cube. Stir until dissolve.
- In a bowl, add creme liquid to the egg yolk and stir together
- Add it into the casserole
- Add in the cooked veal,carrots and potatoes (cut into big chunks)
- If the sauce is thick, add in some water from cooking the veal.
- Check the taste (with the stock cube I don't need salt)
- Simmer slowly.
- Serve while hot :D Bon appetit!
Hubby's plate with potatoes: