Second tarte aux pommes (apple pie) made it to this website :D
The recipe is taken from La cuisine de Monica. It's a great website (in french though) where the cook is a grandma and her grandson did the filming of the video and webstuff. Sadly, mamie Monica passed away 20th October 2010 :(
So here is the recipe...
Tarte aux pomme à la canelle
(Adapted from La cuisine de Monica)
1 pie dough
3 small eggs (or 2 if medium or large eggs0
200ml liquid cream
2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp ground almond
- Put the pie dough in the pie baking pan and put some weights (usually dried beans. I used almonds) and bake at 200C / 15min.
- Check that the dough is dry
- Take out from the oven and spread ground almond
- In a small bowl, mix 50g sugar and cinnamon powder
- Peel and cut the apples in 8 pieces. Arrange the apples on the pie dough. Add in the sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Bake for 10min à 200°C. The apples should be soft on the outside but still firm in the inside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix 50g sugar, eggs and the cream. Pour into the cooked apples.
- Bake for last time in the oven, this time at 180° for 30min. Check on the baking. You can do the toothpick test. The pie should be slightly brown.
Then it's time to dig in!!