dimanche, décembre 05, 2010

Jam cookies

Second recipe in winter Sunday is the Jam cookies. I made this type before when I was in Nancy. It was with cinnamon cookies and raspberry jam. This time, the recipe calls for usual buttery cookies with raspberry jam. Safe enough. But hubby asked me to make it with strawberry jam... Oh ok :D

The job is a bit tedious. First of all the mixture gives a big ball of dough. Then comes the cutting. Need to make the bottom part and the top part with hole in the middle. I need to keep in check the number of bottom part and number of top part. You don't want to have any topless or bottomless cookie with jam right? hehehehe The baking time is 10 mins max. So no time to sit down... By the time you clean up some stuff, it's time to unload and reload!
After that, there is the assembling part. For this I am already low in energy so I asked my helpful husband to help me. So, he did the spread and I put the top on. Phew!
But the look of the cookies and the taste... worth the while! :D

Need to check the same number of bottom and top
IMG_0223

Let it cool down
IMG_0224

My hand model showing the assembling job
IMG_0227

Beauties
IMG_0230


Here's the recipe:
(Adapted from magazine Vivre à table)

Ingredients:
420g flour
210g sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
A pinch of salt
125g ground hazelnuts (I used ground almonds)
250g cold butter
1/2 lemon, zest and juice (I used 2 tbsp lemon juice only)
2 eggs
Strawberry or raspberry jams
Icing sugar (optional)

Methods:
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and ground almonds/hazelnuts.
- Add in cold butter (cut in cubes), lemon juice and eggs.
- Knead the mixture until you get a smooth dough.
- Leave the dough in the fridge for minimum of 30 mins (the longer the better)
- After min. of 30 mins, pre-heat oven at 190C.
- Roll out the dough into approx. 0.5 cm). Use the cookie cutter of your choice, the top part with hole in the middle.
- Bake between 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cookies are cool (after 1-2 hours), heat the jam in the microwave.
- Using small spoon, spread the jam on the bottom part cookie (without hole), then sandwich it with the top cookie (with hole).

3 commentaires:

Audrey by Audrey a dit…

Yummy!
Ca a l'air trop bon!

Stéph H a dit…

c'est trop trop bon ça...
par la poste, tu peux nous envoyer quelques uns ??!!! iii

nyanya a dit…

iiiii :)