dimanche, décembre 05, 2010
Oat Coconut Cookies
It guess it's time to start Xmas baking and using my new Kenwood that I got for birthday last month! For my birthday I also received several cooking magazines. One of the magazines has the recipes for Xmas cookings and bakes. After 2 weeks of "studying" the magazines, I finally picked up 2 recipes! Yippie!! The idea is to use up some of the things in my kitchen (except for butter and eggs), and did I mention the new Kenwood? :D hehehehe
One of the things is rolled oats, which was mistakenly bought few weeks ago. I always thought oat cookies are yummy. Never tried it before, so I guess it's time to do it. There is a recipe in the magazine, so I'm game!
First, the Kenwood beater :D I'm so nervous using it. First time is always like this I spose :D
Look! Hands free!!!! Weeeee.....
Ready for the oven...
Looks so great in the oven...
Bucket's of oat coconut cookies...
Here's the recipe:
(Adapted from magazine Vivre à table)
2 tsp vanilla sugar
A pinch of salt
325g rolled oats
50g dried coconut
1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven at 190C.
- In a mixer, beat butter, vanilla sugar, sugar, salt and egg.
- Add in oats, coconuts, flour and baking powder.
- Knead until you get a well-mixed mixture.
- Roll mixture into small balls. Place them on the baking tray with enough space between then. The mixture will spread a bit.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and let cool.
Note: You can also replace the dried coconuts with almond flakes or hazelnut flakes.