About two weeks ago I planned to make another fruitcake (the bake one). I got all ingredients but somehow there is a change of plan. I baked something else than the fruitcake.
Anyway, it's a long weekend, and it's such a waste of time if I didn't bake anything. Right? :D
One hour later, the cake is in the oven, and hope it tastes better than last one.
Indeed the cake is better than the last one. I like the brown color of the cake and the texture is moister and softer. It's indeed a keeper!
FYI, I tweaked the previous recipe a bit. The previous recipe is here.
This is the tweaked recipe:
230 grams unsalted butter
200 grams packed brown sugar
50 grams ground hazelnut
About 150gm mixed candied fruits, raisins
Splash of lemon juice
230 grams all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven 160C, line the baking tin (20cm) with baking paper and grease it with butter.
- Beat butter, sugar until fluffy.
- Add one by one eggs, vanilla essence
- Fold in ground hazelnut
- Splash some lemon juice on the fruits, then cover the fruits with flour. Like this they are not stick to each other.
- Fold in fruits in the batter
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt
- Add progressively into the batter, fold in until all are well incorporate.
- At this point, the batter is 'heavy'.
- Spoon the batter into baking tin
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour on 160C, then reduce to 150C and bake until about 30mins-1 hour. Test with skewer, when the skewer comes out clean with a bit of moist crumbs.