dimanche, octobre 12, 2008

Hari Raya is Makan time!

Hey!! It's that time of the year again!
Despite of my passion of cooking and baking, I don't like that much to have guests coming over to my house. One reason is that I don't have much place in the appartment to receive guest. Anyway, it's always a pleasure to have this Hari Raya makan-makan. This year is the 3rd year (out of 7 years in France) am organizing the makan-makan.

Here is the company this year. Seems like this year is the smallest group I ever had. Next year there will be some changes too. Two of them will finish their studies,1 practical staff will go home as well.



FYI, I made all these (only with the help of my butcher for the lamb ribs).
I started my day at 10:00 in the morning, and finished - with all table set and round of Singstar in between, at 5:00 p.m. I had time to take shower, eat, update facebook, before my guests arrived at 8:00 p.m.

So what are in the menu this year?
1- Kuah Kacang.
This is my first attempt to make kuah kacang. I just googled for the recipe and took a simple recipe. The reason for making this is because I just found in a shop the asam jawa (tamarind paste). First thing that came to my mind is.. kuah kacang!


2- Roasted chicken.


3- Deep fried chicken liver.


4- Nasi Briyani.


5- Keropok ikan (Fish crackers).


6- Nasi impit (ketupat segera mini)


7- Gigot d'agneau (Lamb gigot-this is the thigh part) - Ready for the oven...


8- Carrot?? Well, I forgot to snap a photo of the oxtail soup. In it I put some carrots. Just to add some "health" in the menu hehehe...


9- Lamb ribs.
I asked my butcher to make this. Very nice eh??
There are paprika, curcuma and chopped coriander leaves. Very very nice!


Grilled and ready to be cut.


10- Beef rendang (whatelse at hari raya.. hehehe)


Did you notice that there is no picture of desserts?
I didn't make desserts because I don't have any idea what is the best dessert to make. Last time I made agar-agar. But this year suddenly I don't have any idea. Wierd. Anyway, we had cookies, macarons, chocolates, grapes, dates...

That's all for this year... See you next year!

Aucun commentaire: