Yay!! I got the motivation to cook. And I chose Ketupat (Packed rice) and Kuah Kacang (Peanut Sauce)!
As for the Ketupat, I used the shortcut, where I used the instant from Malaysia. This is the mini version. This is like one of the best invention of Malaysian food. Traditionally these packed rice are made with woven case from coconut leaves.
This is the instant packaging.
So this is the before and after picture:
You can eat ketupat with the peanut sauce, or with rendang (curry thick sauce) or with lodeh (vegies in coconut sauce). Simplest version is with peanut sauce.
So here is my version. I looked up recipes for Peanut Sauce and there are so many version. I took the common ingredients that these recipes have and make my own. I would say this is the quick n go version hihihi...
Here is the recipe.
3 tablespoons Chili Paste (I used Sambal Oelek)
1. Heat oil, and chili paste
2. Add lemongrass
3. Get the tamarind as a size of a golf ball, and dilute in a cup of boiling water, Pour into the chili
4. Add in palm sugar till everything diluted
5. Add a bit of coconut milk
6. Add salt and sugar to taste
7. Add peanuts
8. Add tamarind water and coconut milk till the taste and look is like you want (yes I know I am cooking based on LOL)
Cook till boil.
Here are some of the asian ingredients which you can get at asian stores.