lundi, juin 20, 2011

Strawberry Jam Cake

Somehow I had the desire to bake something using strawberry jam. I don't know where I got that idea, but nevertheless, after googling, I found some nice sour cream cake. Basically it uses the pound cake recipe or sour cream cake recipe or yoghurt cake recipe and adds some jam or preserves in it.

I chose the Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe as I think it is simple and looks delicious :D

This recipe uses sour cream. As it was Sunday and I do not have sour cream nor yoghurt, so I substituted the sour cream with same amount of milk+1tablespoon of lemon juice.

Strawberry Jam Cake

Ingredients:
2 cups (256g) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1/2 pound) (226g) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup (240ml) sour cream (I used 240ml milk + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup blueberry preserves (I used 3-4 tablespoon of strawberry jam)

Preparation:
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter and flour baking pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Beat in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.

2.Spread all but 1/2 cup of the batter into the prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, make a trough in the batter, all the way around the pan. Mix the 3/4 cup of blueberry preserves with the reserved batter and spoon it into the trough.

3.Bake the cake for about 1 hour, or until it begins to pull away from the pan and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, remove the pan and let cool completely.

Enjoy with tea or coffee :D

Aucun commentaire: