lundi, juin 20, 2011

Begedil - Potatoes Meat Patties

This is my dear husband's favorite Malaysian dish. We have some potatoes left from the blanquette last week, so I decided to make the begedil. It's easy but I don't like the frying part. I try to restrict eating fried food at home.

Usually the begedils are the side dish for another Malaysian food, Soto.
Soto comprises of packed rice cubes serve in chicken clear soup, and eaten with side dishes like the begedils, fried vermicelli, and dash of spicy soy sauce.

In order to do this, you need mashed potatoes (from boiled or steamed potatoes), some mince meat, salt and pepper. You can also add some herbs like chopped spring onions or chopped coriander leaves. My hubby likes them simple :D

IMG_0001

Then, divide the mixture into flat balls.

IMG_0003

Heat oil in pan to make a deep fry.
Then, dunk the patties into beaten egg, then pat them in a flour-maizena mix.
Fry them until brown.

IMG_0004

My husband said that these begedils are best eaten the next day ^^

Aucun commentaire: