samedi, avril 21, 2007

Weekend cooking

One good thing about having all the necessities in the kitchen is that you can start cooking when you want to. But living smack in the middle of the town, I usually buy things to be cooked on the same day. Anyhow.. somethings cannot be finished, like the bag of squids that I bought from the cold storage.
I always like squid.. mmm.. and I can cook a mean deep-fry crispy squid (hehehe).


I'm not a big fan of chicken.. but once in a blue moon, I will try to cook chicken, just for the sake of eating a chicken. Hmm.. doesn't make any sense, does it? Anyhooo.. I bought chicken leg and after it's been marinated with whatever I can find in the kitchen, I just popped it into the oven..


Few months back, my mom send me packets of instant spices. They are very handy if I want to eat Malaysian food without having to chop and ground 100 different spices. Few weekends ago, I used Brahim's Masak Lemak (Coconut spicy sauce) with the perut/babat. This weekend, I don't feel like to eat any saucy dish. So as I browse over the packets of instant spices, I saw the small packet of Seri Aji Nasi Goreng Ikan Bilis. I'm not a fan of Nasi Goreng. I think mostly because when people make Nasi Goreng, they are usually spicy.. and I don't like that, and also I'm a big fan of white rice. Yup. I can eat white rice just like that.. I mean without any condiments, or any side dish. But, this weekend, I had the urge to try it, and not wasting the instant packet that my mom sent.
Verdict: I'm surprised that it's not spicy at all. It's ok, but again I'm not a fan of Nasi Goreng.

Aucun commentaire: