dimanche, septembre 30, 2007

Banana Loaf

Ok.. other than planning to cook this weekend, I planned to bake as well.
At the beginning I planned to bake cookies. But then, we have bunch of bananas which started to turn brown. So change of plan. I go bananas!
Will it be banana cake? banana muffin? banana bread?
I go for banana bread loaf. Well, don't know what's the diffrence between the load and cake. I chose a recipe from Malaysian cooking website, http://www.kuali.com.

Walnut Banana Bread
by Amy Beh

Ingredients
280g ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
125g margarine
240g castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, beaten with a fork
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder, sifted
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
70ml milk
80g walnuts, coarsely chopped
Method
Preheat oven to 180°C.

Beat margarine, sugar and salt together until light then add eggs and beat for 2 minutes. Add in the mashed bananas and mix well.

Add sifted dry ingredients. Stir in milk to mix. Add walnuts to blend.

Spoon mixture into a lightly greased and lined loaf tin (21cm x 10.5cm x 8.5cm). Level the surface with a palette knife and bake in preheated oven for 45–60 minutes or until cooked through.

Leave in the tin for 5–10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.


I made some changes to the above recipe though, hehehhehe
- I don't have walnut, so I omitted the walnut
- I used butter instead of margarine
- I used only like 75g sugar, because I ran out of sugar! But the cake turned out sweet enough. So I think reducing the sugar is a good idea.
- I add in a 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- For the flour part, I put 200gm self rising flour and 100gm corn flour (maizena)

...And here's the result


Aucun commentaire: