vendredi, octobre 08, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Bread

Let's try something airy, with scent of spices and fresh fruit. Let's try Apple Bread!!! I like this recipe because it does not use butter, it uses fresh apple (no need to caramelize the apple) and it's so easy.
I made this apple bread last night around 11 pm. Yes that's at night and after I had my Body Combat at 8-9pm, cook for dinner, and some TV moment with hubby. It shows how easy and quick you can make this lovely bread for next day's breakfast.

IMG_1791

The recipe is adapted from a great food blog 'Le Petit Pierogi'.

Here it goes....

Ingredients
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Allspice - I skipped this
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs, Beaten
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
2 cups apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped - I used red apples
1 cup broken walnuts - I used chopped almonds
2-3 tbsp apple cider (optional) - I used couple spoons of store bought Bio Apple Compote

Directions
In bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.

In large mixing bowl, place oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and apples. Stir into flour mixture. Add walnuts and mix (if using).

Then add in the apple compote. Actually I don't really need to add compote, but I bought it at the store day before that so might as well use couple of spoons.

Put the mixture in greased mould (loaf mould if you want it to look like bread loaf. I use the my usual square mould.

Bake at 150-160C pre-heated oven for 40-45 mins. But mine is done (slightly overdone I might say) at 30 mins. Use the skewer test to check the doneness.

IMG_1792

IMG_1794

IMG_1799

IMG_1801

This is the recipe that can never go wrong!! :D

Aucun commentaire: