What to do with a can of pineapples?
Pineapple turnover cake! What else!? :D
While the classic pineapple turnover cake calls for caramel brown sugar at the bottom (or up, when it's turned over), but I chose the easy one. I skipped that caramel part since I do not have brown sugar, and also to not make the cake too sweet.
This recipe is so simple. Took me about 15 mins to prepare and put in the oven. This cake is perfect for tea time or if you have some friends over, it makes a great dessert with tea/coffee at the end of the evening.
This is a keeper :D
1 cup + 6 tablespoons self-raising flour
1/2 cup cornstarch (Maizena)
6 tablespoons ground almonds (almonds powder)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
230g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 and 2/3 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 pots of yoghurt (low fat or 0%) - about 1 cup
1 can of pineapples
- Preheat oven at 180C
- In a bowl, mix flour, maizena, almonds, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla extract
- Add in alternate the dry ingredients and yoghurt
- Grease the baking pan with butter, arrange pineapples. Throw in some flour and sugar.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.