dimanche, septembre 19, 2010

Applesauce Cake

Itch to bake something... I bought a jar of Applesauce last week because I was thinking of a recipe, which now I forgotten about. I made brownies before this using applesauce, but I don't want to re-do the recipe. So I googled on "Applesauce recipe" and I found "Guilt-free Applesauce Cake". Looks simple enough and I think the cinnamon plus apple ingredients are great for the chilly weather today.

In addition, the recipe uses cup measurement, so it is a great day to use my new cups :D It is called 'Guilt-free' because it doesn't use butter or egg. I can't call it guilt-free because it contains sugar ~ as I am still on diet huuhuhu....
After the cake cools off, I enjoyed a small piece, and it's just so yummy :D (Diet or no diet I must taste what I made!)

It's not cakey type, just nice to be consumed in small bites with coffee or tea. The texture and the smell of brown sugar reminds me of Malaysian caramel steamed cake (Kek gula hangus).

IMG_1711

So this is the recipe taken from rachellb.com.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup fat-free or lowfat sour cream (I used yoghurt 0%)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup applesauce

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.

Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir together sour cream, oil and applesauce in a small bowl. Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture just to mix. (Do not beat.)

IMG_1701

IMG_1702

IMG_1703

Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with additional brown sugar, if desired.
(I sprinkled some chopped almonds too).

IMG_1705

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Allow cake to cool before slicing into 16 pieces.

IMG_1707

Aucun commentaire: